We develop and manufacture turnkey energy storage solutions, based on lithium-ion battery technology. Our goal is to engineer technology that both stores and optimizes energy as we shift towards more efficient energy usage and renewable energy sources on a global scale. You’ll have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers, scientists, developers and more to pave the way for the next big leap in the energy industry through our battery energy storage and optimization systems.
About the job
We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Design Engineer to join our team based in Stockholm. You will work together with other FW engineers and other disciplines to develop new products and continue to maintain the products during its whole life cycle.
You will join a team of experienced and dedicated engineers who are always ready to help each other out. You are either an experienced engineer who want to work with the best or you are an engaged junior engineer aiming to be our next star.
- Design and develop embedded firmware focused on batteries, power systems and connected devices.
- Work with requirements, design, implementation and test
- Contribute to our processes, way of working and reuse efforts where needed
- Support internal and external stakeholders with expertise within the area.
Qualifications and experience
No one knows it all… In its essence you need to be knowledgeable in C/C++ development for embedded systems, the rest of the bullets below are nice to have and you probably already have experience in some of them… the more the merrier
- C/C++ for embedded systems
- Python for test automation
- Embedded systems communication protocols, UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, Modbus etc.
- IoT and connectivity, LTE, Wi-Fi, BLE, GNSS/GPS, AWS-IOT, ESP32, ESP-IDF
- Development tools such as Jira, Git/Gitlab, SVN, test frameworks (unit and system level)
- Battery management systems (BMS)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant area
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Proficient in Swedish is also good.
- Swedish work permit
- Generous bonus system
- Maximized wellness contribution
- Five extra flexibility days
- Pension and health insurance
Kindly submit your application through the provided apply button in the advertisement on our careers page, as we are unable to accept any applications via email in compliance with the GDPR regulations.
At Polarium, creating change in the energy industry starts with our team. We believe a diverse workplace brings creativity, innovation and better represents our customers, and the many communities they serve, around the world. A positive work-life balance is what supercharges our teamwork and a sustainable personal journey throughout our careers.
Since Polarium launched in 2015, we’ve been on a mission to redesign the energy industry. We’re unlocking the massive potential of energy storage systems through our wide range of intelligent and digital services. Our passion for solving challenges is what drives our next generation of premium energy storage products in use on all continents and in all climate zones. Today, we power businesses, optimize energy usage, and reduce carbon dioxide emissions to create a cleaner future in energy.
We look forward to receiving your application!