About the job
We are hiring a Compliance Officer, to join our Corporate Affairs department at the Stockholm HQ.
For this new position we are looking for candidates with the right level of judgment, experience, and knowledge to develop our global program which addresses anti-corruption, trade sanctions, conflicts of interest. Specific expertise and familiarity with sanctions programs administered by for example the U.S. Department of Treasury (OFAC) or the EU; the DOJ’s Guidance on Evaluation of Corporate Compliance programs; and/or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is valued, as is experience in third-party due diligence programs, trainings, developing policies and procedures, fraud risk assessments, and building a culture of ethics and legal integrity within the global organization.
Polarium is a global, fast-growing company with multiple manufacturing sites and a strong commitment to ethics. We are also just starting out, so for someone with the right skills and talent, there is a lot of room for creativity, efficiency, and ownership within this role. This role reports to the Head of Compliance, based in Stockholm. Compliance is part of Corporate Affairs (which today includes Legal, Risk & Management, Sustainability and IT).
Tasks and recurring activities:
- In collaboration with multiple stakeholders, develop specific compliance processes like third party due diligence, sanctions screening checkpoints, creation of internal steering documents, guidance documents, mapping and creating processes and checkpoints.
- Support People Leaders in demonstrating Tone at the Top
- Create and deploy metrics to assess the effectiveness of the Compliance function
- Develop and deliver effective training and communications in support of Polarium’s anti-corruption, conflict of interest, Speak Up Policies
- Evaluate adequacy and conclusions of specific third-party due diligence results
- Create and develop training materials
Qualification and experience:
- Post-bachelor or post-graduate degree in law, finance or business, as well as experience working as an lawyer or attorney; or in risk & compliance consulting or an equivalent field
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience relevant to this role
Any one of following skills and experience will be considered a strong advantage:
- Background in forensic or risk advisory and consulting, or a lawfirm, and/or working in an organization with global operations
- Experience in driving projects (in any field) around digital transformation, improvement projects or designing processes.
- Familiarity and knowledge of laws and regulations associated with anti-corruption compliance, including 7 Effective Elements of a Compliance Program as detailed in the Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Interest and engagement with geo-politics and/or legal regimes in multiple jurisdictions
We see that you are:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Analytical mindset
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Organized and structured
We’ve enabled endless energy since 2015.
Our frontier tech in energy storage systems has reached all over the world and transformed the renewable energy industry. We’re one of Europe’s fastest growing companies with 700+ employees located in over 4 continents and counting. Our valuable diversity, creativity and top-class engineering is the code we use to unlock the most complex sustainability problems in energy.
Plug into Polarium.
Energize your career.
We believe an inclusive work environment is what will boost our employees’ success. An open mindset is what charges our innovation and creativity. We believe that there’s always one more thing to learn, one new thing to invent, and one more product to develop to make energy systems around the world greener and more efficient. Come join our team and get the opportunity to engineer the future!