Polarium is a Swedish company dedicated to providing the best performing, safe and sustainable energy storage solutions built on lithium-ion technology. Polarium’s headquarters and R&D center are situated in Sweden and the manufacturing in Mexico and Vietnam. Through its global sales channels and representation in the US, South Africa, Sweden, UK, New Zealand and Indonesia, Polarium serves customers worldwide. Today, our market-leading solutions are in use on all continents and in all climate zones – from the Equator to the Arctic.
About the job
We are on the lookout for a Failure Analysis & Repair Engineer (FAR) to join our NPI team. As a FAR Engineer you will act as the subject matter expert and process owner for Failure Mode Analysis and Repair procedures for all electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment. The FAR Engineer is a part of the introduction of new products in Polarium and you will support in development and improve our failure and repair process. For this role we are looking for someone with previous experience in analyzing and correcting of complex products, test and/or process issues using independent judgment. In this role you will be expected to travel as needed.
The position is based in Kista, Sweden.
- Develop and maintain failure analysis and repair procedures documentation
- Develop work instructions addressing all identified failure modes and repair process requirements
- Personnel competence assessment
- Training program for our sites
- FA&R activities
- Statistical & root cause analysis of failure modes
- Consultation with PD & QA functions for continuous improvement objectives
- Transfer of FA&R process to volume sites
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in failure analysis, diagnose, debug and repair production of multi-discipline electronics equipment
- PBA and electrical systems failure analysis expertise required
- Experience from telecom and/or energy products is a merit
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Electronic Engineering or similar experience)
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and process capability, ability to apply statistical tools – Cpk, GR&R, tests for differences, DOE
- Quality improvement methods (pareto, root cause analysis, FMEA, 8D/DMAIC, etc),
We see that you are:
- Capacity to work independently, take initiatives and lead the agenda
- Enjoy working in a fast-phased company environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-player
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open, friendly international environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Polarium’s future success. We also offer a competitive bonus system and a high wellness contribution.